Archimedes Consulting understands that handling questions posed to you at the end (or at any point) of a presentation can be one of the most challenging factors of public speaking, so preparing for this is key! You’re opening yourself up to what is essentially the unknown – whether the audience want you to explain a single point in more detail or question your entire presentation, you need to be prepared – because what people will remember as they leave, is how you handled the questions, not necessarily the points of the presentation. This is where our Q&A presentation training comes into play.
Questions to consider:
- Have you set up how you want to handle Q&A from the beginning?
- Do you have a way of making sure that your audience know this?
- Have you done some scenario planning around possible questions?
- Have you got other resources in place to offer answers to questions that you can’t answer?
- How will you explain this with integrity?
- Are you aware of some of the techniques that can be used to buy thinking time?
- Would you be comfortable using these?
- Are you prepared to/confident enough to challenge the questioner?
Archimedes Q&A Presentation Training
Handling questions is a skill – one that we believe needs practice if you’re going to go from being a good presenter to a great one. We handle:
- Coaching specifically focused on question handling during presentations
- Coaching/workshops relating to confidence and buying thinking time
- 1:1 rehearsals
You might also like to have a look at our jargon buster and use it to think about the language you use when answering difficult questions.