It’s long been said that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but in the harsh reality of business, judgements and opinions are quickly formed and can take a very long time to change. We judge or perceive someone’s competence when we see them on their feet presenting – not on everything else they do, so presentation skills training in business is incredibly important. A great financial director can help a business run smoothly and efficiently, but if they deliver a lifeless, boring speech at the company conference, those watching will remember that element of the presentation rather than the actual financial state of the business.
Most people have been on a standard presentation skills course at some time in their life, but that often doesn’t help when you have a particular event coming up or when you need to work on something very specific to you. Our 121 remote coaching programmes can help you focus on your precise needs or help you prepare for an important speaking occasion in your life.
Our coaches come from business / corporate backgrounds and can help you apply public speaking learning and skills to real life.
121 Event specific coaching
For when it really matters…
Many people have, every now and then, a public speaking event that really matters, either in their business, political, or even social life. It could be a key note speech, a speech at a conference or kick-off event, a selection interview presentation or a wedding speech. But it’s an event that really matters and you need to get it right and be the best that you can be.
You probably already know the basics, been on a presentation skills course, but what you really need is some focused and individual support with this specific speech.
We can help!
We can provide you with some time and cost-efficient coaching that will enable you to get professional input where you need it, practice and feedback that will make all the difference to your speech.
We deliver this remotely with world class coaches and via state-of-the-art technology, that means you can do it on timings that work for you.
To find out more about the process and how the package works, click here.
Typically, this programme takes between 4- 5 hours (depending how long your speech is and how much prep time you want to give it) and can be done over 3-6 weeks, depending on how quickly you need to work. This package costs £395 + VAT
Call us now to book your coach to help you to deliver the best public speaking performances when you most need it!
121 Public speaking skill building
Delivering speeches or presentations at key industry, political, corporate or client or even personal events can be both exhilarating and stressful. Although public speaking ability is just a small part of your skill set it is disproportionately important. It’s harsh but true that many people (stakeholders, customers and staff) will judge your whole competence by what they see of you when you’re presenting in a public forum, not on everything else you do the rest of the year!
Our public speaking coaching is designed to support people to hone their skills and build the capacity to meet any public speaking/ presentation challenge with confidence.
What we do;
- Our expert coaches will develop a specific 1 2 1 coaching programme.
We do this by having you do a skills self-audit and a benchmark speech/ presentation, then discussing with you your preferred areas of focus. The topics below are some of the areas a client might want to focus on depending on their specific needs.
- For each chosen topic area, we will teach a short segment on key content, background, knowledge tips, techniques etc, we will then ask you to apply it and then review your output and give you detailed feedback.
- To finish the programme, we typically would have you do a final speech/ presentation for review and to demonstrate how far you’ve progressed.
How we do it;
- We start and finish programmes with live 121 webinar sessions (via Skype, Zoom or Facetime for example)
- We also use a state-of-the-art software that enables coaches to set you relevant “scenario challenges” related to the application of the specific topic. You then record and easily upload your practice sessions at a convenient time for you and that then enables the coaches to give you detailed feedback also via the system.
- You can choose to do any of this in person but most clients find the remote approach is far more time and cost efficient and achieves the same results
Topics covered can include any of the following:
We work with our clients individually, looking at the personal, business and technical aspects of their presentations. If you would like to discuss any other presentation / public speaking requirements not outlined here (eg group coaching, speech writing etc), please do contact us and take a look at how we work.