Managing emotions at work can often be difficult, especially when a business is failing to hit targets and goals. However, Archimedes Consulting offer emotional intelligence training that has helped many business men and women in the past.
The term was created in 1996 by two researchers; Peter Salavoy and John Mayer and came to the world’s attention in the book Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman in the same year.
What is it?
Abbreviated to EI or EQ (especially when being considered against IQ), it is defined by the Collins English Dictionary as:
So can emotional intelligence training really help you to become more effective when working with or managing people? We believe it can and we also know that the use of it needs to vary depending on the business and the personalities of those you work with.
Questions to ask yourself
- What is the role of emotion at work?
- How does emotion affect decision making?
- Where do beliefs, values and personality fit in with this?
- With others?
- What impact does your communication have on the emotions of others?
- What impact does the communication of others have on you?
Archimedes Emotional Intelligence Training
How we handle our emotions at work changes as we progress through our careers. Age can bring maturity and experience but it can also bring additional pressures and a changing outlook on life in general.
- The Archimedes “Psychology @ Work” programme helps participants to understand basic psychology – how people deliver and receive communication.
- 1:1 Coaching on techniques and how to apply them to help with challenging situations or people.
- 1:1 Coaching on handling work emotions and anger management.
You might discover that one of the reasons you’re having to manage emotional people is because other areas of the business need support or that there are in fact underlying conflicts that need resolving. Combining our emotional intelligence training with our sales and presentation services may be worthwhile. Please contact us directly if you’d like to discuss any of the above with a member of our team.